Rainbow Mountain Trek And Red Valley 1D
Up to 8 people
Van, Train, Bus
Enjoy the natural colors of the stunning Rainbow Mountain Trek, hiking through an isolated valley, in which you may interact with the local people who are still keeping traditional Quechua culture alive! You will see snow capped peaks, herds of alpaca, glaciers and birds of prey, all set within an incredibly colourful mountain range. The Rainbow Mountain trek offers opportunities to see a range of wildlife including soaring eagles and caracara. The colourful sandstone mountains in the Vinicunca area are very different from other ecosystems you will see in Peru.
Day 1: Cusco – Cusipata – Llacto – Rainbow Mt – Llacto – Cusco
We will pick you up from your hotel at 4am, and begin with our amazing Rainbow Mountain Trek Adventure. We set out on our drive for 3 hours through the South Valley; ending up at the trailhead at Llacto (4,638m / 15,216 ft). Along the way, there are amazing views of farming Inca terraces, traditional villages, valleys and high Andean peaks. The herds of alpacas and llamas near your breakfast place will entertain you in the early morning. Once we reach the trailhead, we start on our hike following a lovely stream. As you start your hike, you will have views of the Ausangate Mountain and glaciers. You can interact with the local people, who are still keeping traditional Quechua culture alive. Learn about their traditional clothes and the significance of the different hats worn by the men. Ask your guide to teach you a few words of Quechua!. After a total hike of 1.5 hours, we finally reach our destination….the Rainbow Mountain (5,020m /16,466ft). After admiring the unique beauty, you will have time to explore the area. You can take pictures or just soak up the view. We will spend approximately 30 minutes at the top. Afterwards, there is an optional hike across to the top of the Red Valley. This walk takes about 45 minutes longer to get back to the trailhead. At this point, we hike back down the way we came. The hike takes 1 hour, then we enjoy our lunch which will prepare by our cook. We will embark on the 3-hour drive back to Cusco and drop you off at your Cusco hotel, arriving around 5:00pm.
There is an option to rent a horse from local people right at the starting point of the trek!
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Pick-up at your hotel the morning of your trek
- Private transport from Cusco to Soraypampa trailhead and back to Cusco.
- English speaking, experienced and professional guide
- Comfortable tents with two people in a four-person tent
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food with prior request)
- All camping equipment such as: dining tent, table, chairs, kitchen and toilet tent
- Tent for our staff to sleep in
- First Aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Horses (for equipment and personal items) including horsemen
- Basic foam sleeping mattresses
- 7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes and sleeping bag will be carried by our mules
- Boiled water for drinking and washing purposes
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperature of minus 10°c – $20
- Air Mattresses – $20
- Trekking Poles – $15
- Tips for the crew, guide, cook and porters of PLANET CUSCO TRAVEL.
- 2 persons: $150 pp
- 3 persons: $125 pp
- 4 persons: $100 pp
- 5 persons: $80 pp
- 6 persons: $70 pp